1. Better not to give in to it. It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.
2. That what I need to survive is not Gale’s fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give ma that. So after, when he whispers, “You love me. Real or noe real?” I tell him, “Real.”
3. But collective thinking is usually shot-lived. We’re fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction.
4. “Fire is catching!” I am shouting now, determined that he will not miss a word. “And if we burn, you burn with us!”
5. Because something is significantly wrong with a creature that sacrifices its children’s lives to settle its differences.
6. And it takes too much energy to stay angry with someone who cries so much.
7. Frankly, our ancestors don’t seem much to brag about. I mean, look at the state they left us in, with the wars and the broken planet. Clearly, they didn’t care about what would happen to the people who came after them.
8. He understands I don’t want anyone with me today. Not even him. Some walks you have to take alone.
9. Panem Et Circenses translates into “bread and circuses”. The writer was saying that in return for full bellies and entertainment, his people had given up their political responsibilities and therefore their power.
10. No, I want you to rethink it and come up with the right opinion.
更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道